Winter has officially arrived. Keeping warm is essential and it’s important to be prepared for the colder months ahead. There are many great ways to keep your home and yourself nice and warm and cozy. Here are a few of my favorite must have cozy items to get you started.
Click images below for purchasing info
1. Faux Fur Throw – A nice soft, textured faux fur throw makes for a great way to not only keep you warm, but also adds a nice luxury element to any room. I have heavy throw blankets for winter and very light options for the not-so-cold months…I always like to snuggle under one.
Channeled Mink Luxury Fur Throw via Frontgate
2. Electric Heating Blanket – For an extra layer of warmth while sleeping, add an electronic heating blanket. These have really improved with the years. You can control the level of heat you want and turn it off when you feel nice and toasty. My husband especially loves this….
Soft Heat Luxury Microfleece Electric Blanket via Kohls
3. Slippers – Keep your feet nice and warm with some comfy slippers. I have slippers at home and at the office to keep my toes cozy. I also like to keep a few extra pairs in your guest room for family and friends. Their tootsies will thank you.
Women’s UGG Australia ‘Cozy’ Knit Slippers
Men’s UGG Australia ‘Ascot’ Leather Slippers via Nordstrom
4. Robes – Whether you’re hopping out of bed, the shower, or simply lounging around the house, investing in a nice, warm robe is the way to go. From fleece, cable knit, velvet to chenille, there are plenty of options to fit your budget and style.
Hotel Collection Finest Modal Bath Robe via Macy’s
5. Winter Home Scents – Get in the mood for winter with cold weather scents like the smell of cookies/pies baking, pumpkin, peppermint, vanilla, cinnamon or even woodsy.
Winter Home Scent Collection via Restoration Hardware
6. Towel Warmer – Treat yourself to a nice winter luxury. A towel warmer keeps your bath towels nice and toasty so you don’t feel the cold chill after hopping out of the shower.
Myson Wall 10-Bar Towel Warmer in Matte Pearl via Bed Bath & Beyond
7. Warm Beverages – Hot chocolate, warm cider, specialty hot teas and coffee brews are all delicious, warm beverages that help you to ward off the winter chills.
Keurig Swiss Miss Milk Chocolate Hot Cocoa K-Cups via Walmart
There are many other additional ways to add warmth and even some extra style to your home during the winter months – from layers of pillows to the color and thickness of your window treatments. Please feel free to contact me, if you’d like to discuss having the Michelle Lynne Interiors Group add elements of warm design to your home…or even cooling it off for the upcoming spring & summer months. We are at your service!