Working with an interior designer can save you time and money if you plan the collaboration carefully. This is a very personal service, and is a luxury to have. I have found that the same questions repeat themselves, so if you are ever considering enlisting assistance with your home, here are a few questions & answers in relation to the way we work.
- Do you work with items I have?
We definitely start with the items that are on hand and work diligently to fit in any items that have some sentimental value. We will also provide our candid advice if an item doesn’t fit into the style and WOW you are wanting to achieve. Sometimes we just relocate a piece to another space so you get the best of all worlds.
- How much does this cost?
Assuming you don’t have a money tree growing in the backyard (and please let us know ASAP if you do!), we have established various service levels, as well as some options that allow you to implement our professional ideas. Each project varies in scope and service, and our clients love that most of our services offer the option of a flat fee so there are no surprises.
- Should I even hire an interior decorator/designer or do it myself?
In addition to the obvious aesthetic changes that you would expect, designing & decorating takes proper preparation and planning. By working with a professional, you will potentially save hundreds or thousands of dollars in costly mistakes. Here are a few questions you should ask yourself to help decide whether our full service design is right for you :
- Are you comfortable determining the right scale, quality and proportion of the items you wish to use?
- Do you have time to research the options?
- Do you have the skills to design, manage the work, timelines and the budget?
- Do you have professionals to do any renovations?
- Do you have time to shop for the selections?
- Do you have the time to oversee deliveries, quality aspects, and possible returns or repairs?
- How long does it take to finish a project?
Each project timeline will depend on the scope of work. We work very hard to keep the project moving forward, and provide regular updates to you as milestones are addressed. Oftentimes, the planning and preparation takes up to two thirds of the project duration, but can vary based on how quickly you make decisions and provide general feedback.
For more frequently asked questions, please visit our FAQ page. If you don’t find what you’re looking for here or there, please feel free to call our office: 972.248.4733. The Michelle Lynne Interiors Group is at your service and we would love to earn your business.